Global Children's Challenge 2012 - FREE pedometers!
12 Jul 2012
Registrations for the Global Children’s Challenge™ 2012 are now open! There are 165,000 child places available globally for this free of charge activity programme and this is a great project to be involved in in this momentous year!
• The 50 day challenge starts on Wednesday, 19th September and finishes Wednesday, 7th November 2012.
• Registrations from teachers for their class are now open at www.gccjunior.org/apply
• Open to any class in the last 3 years of primary/junior school (typically aged 8-12).
• Every child is provided a free pedometer to measure their activity levels.
• Each class participates as one team, led by their class teacher
• Steps are recorded on the www.gccjunior.org website, where they are converted to distance and where each class will then track their progress on a virtual journey around the world, learning about new cultures and interacting with classes in other countries as they go.
• It is completely free to schools and parents - the event is proudly supported by the Global Corporate Challenge® (GCC).
This is a completely free-of-charge, ready-made project for schools, and places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Check the GCC website for more info and to register your class!