Healthy Schools Plus
Following the successful pilot of Healthy Schools Plus in Cornwall and the learning we have taken from it, we are continuing to use Healthy Schools Plus alongside the Annual Audit as the way schools can choose to gain and maintain Healthy School status in Cornwall.
The way we implement Healthy Schools Plus will change to make it easier to use and more flexible to schools' needs whilst supporting schools to make a real, measurable difference to the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
In this section of the website we have two sub-sections, the first relating to the pilot and aiming to support schools still involved in the pilot and the second taking Healthy Schools Plus forward for new schools wanting to be involved.
Healthy Schools Plus aims to:
- identify and address local health priorities
- ensure that health and wellbeing are key areas of school improvement
- prioritise the most disadvantaged children and young people
- support schools to encourage children and young people to embrace healthier behaviour
- build on the success of Healthy Schools
- help schools identify and tackle their key health priorities
- and work closely with parents, carers and the wider community to bring about healthier behaviours.
The HS Plus Pilot has now come to an end. Our thanks and congratulations to all the schools who took part in the pilot and helped us create HS Plus in it's future form. From now on all schools involved in the Healthy Schools programme in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly will begain HS status through a combination of work on the Annual Audit and our HS Plus model.